CompTIA certifications can help your students because:
- Nearly 1 million IT job openings are currently available in the U.S.1
- Over two million CompTIA certifications have been awarded worldwide.
- 91% of employers believe IT certifications play a key role in the hiring process2.
As a high school IT educator, you’re at the forefront of preparing young students for a promising career in one of the world’s fastest-growing fields. CompTIA certifications give your students the tools they need to begin building a career in IT and bolster their employability in today’s job market. Teaching courses based on CompTIA certifications will enrich your curriculum with the content employers are looking for.
Why CompTIA Certifications Work
CompTIA certifications are vendor-neutral and globally recognized. This means that rather than being limited to one particular vendor technology, your students will be capable of working with multiple technologies – mirroring the environments they will experience on the job.
By offering your students an opportunity to get CompTIA certified, you, your school and your students will all demonstrate leadership in filling the IT jobs of tomorrow.
Additionally, your students:
- Can graduate with both a diploma and a globally recognized IT credential.
- May earn college credit.
- Are on a pathway to higher pay in IT3.
- Demonstrate better marketable skills for employment directly out of high school3.
Carl D. Perkins Funds Eligibility
The Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act provides about $1.3 billion annually to secondary and postsecondary education institutions in all 50 U.S. states to strengthen career and technical education.
To qualify for funding under this act, your school has to qualify with a state-approved technical-career education program that:
- Integrates technical and career skills with academic content.
- Prepares students for the workplace, furthers education and training, and supports family and community roles.
- Provides a coherent sequence of courses to ensure learning in the technical area.
- Has a size, scope and sequence that bring improvements in career and technical education.
- Provides students with a strong experience in and understanding of all aspects of the industry.
CompTIA certifications can help you establish a state-approved education program to be eligible for CTE funding.
Learn more about the Act and how to apply.
Contact us to find out how CompTIA certification can help you qualify for funding.
Become a CompTIA Authorized Academy Partner
The CompTIA Authorized Academy Program offers a robust educational program designed to assist academic institutions, nonprofit organizations and government retraining agencies in enhancing the learning experience for students preparing for an IT career.
The program includes exam discounts, information, tools and resources designed to help school administrators and instructors plan, prepare and deliver an effective IT curriculum.
Learn more about the CompTIA Authorized Partner Program for Academy Partners.