What Jobs Can I Get with CompTIA CySA+ Certification?
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is the industry standard for validating that cybersecurity professionals can perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization. CompTIA CySA+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
The new CompTIA CySA+ certification covers the security analyst job role, as well as these others:
- Security operations center (SOC) analyst
- Vulnerability analyst
- Cybersecurity specialist
- Threat intelligence analyst
- Security engineer
- Cybersecurity analyst
Companies like the DoD, Target, Western Governors University and Northrup Grumman all look for CompTIA CySA+ certification in hiring.
Certification makes a great first impression. According to IDC, 96 percent of HR managers use IT certifications as screening or hiring criteria during recruitment*. Learn more about all the places you career can go with CompTIA certifications.
What Is a Cybersecurity Engineer?
A cybersecurity engineer's responsibilities include the following:
- Creating new solutions to solve existing security issues
- Enhancing security capabilities by evaluating new technologies and processes
- Defining, implementing and maintaining corporate security policies
- Configuring and installing firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Responding to information security issues
- Supervising changes in software, hardware, facilities, telecommunications and user needs
- Recommending modifications in legal, technical and regulatory areas that affect IT security
Cybersecurity engineers work to build and maintain a system that’s safe against cyberattacks. They focus on fixing and protecting these systems and stay up-to-date on new technology so they can keep their system secure. Cybersecurity engineers work closely with a company’s IT team to build an emergency plan to get things up and running quickly following a disaster. Read more about how to gain cybersecurity analytics skills here.
Ready to Advance Your Skill Level in Cybersecurity?
CompTIA now offers a number of exam training options for CASP+ to fit your particular learning style and schedule, many of which may be used in combination with each other as you prepare for your exam.
There’s a wealth of information to take you from deciding if CompTIA CASP+ is right for you, all the way to taking your exam. We’re with you every step of the way!