What Jobs Can I Get with CASP+ Certification?
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the industry standard for advanced-level competency in risk management, enterprise security operations and architecture, research and collaboration, and integration of enterprise security.
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. The updated CASP+ certification can help certify you in careers such as the following:
- Security architect
- Security engineer
- Technical lead analyst
- Application security engineer
Companies like the U.S. Army, Dell, Verizon and Booz Allen Hamilton all look for CASP+ certification in hiring.
Certification makes a great first impression. According to a recent IDC report, 96 percent of HR managers use IT certifications as screening or hiring criteria during recruitment*. Learn more about all the places you career can go with CompTIA certifications.
What Is a Security Engineer?
A security engineer's responsibilities include:
- Creating new solutions to solve existing security issues
- Enhancing security capabilities by evaluating new technologies and processes
- Defining, implementing and maintaining corporate security policies
- Configuring and installing firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Responding to information security issues
- Supervising changes in software, hardware, facilities, telecommunications and user needs
- Recommending modifications in legal, technical and regulatory areas that affect IT security
Cybersecurity engineers work to build and maintain a system that’s safe against cyberattacks. They focus on fixing and protecting these systems and stay up-to-date on new technology, so they can keep their system secure. Cybersecurity engineers work closely with a company’s IT team to build an emergency plan to get things up and running quickly, following a disaster. Read more about how to gain cybersecurity skills here.
Ready to Advance Your Skill Level in Cybersecurity?
CompTIA now offers a number of exam training options for CASP+ to fit your particular learning style and schedule, many of which may be used in combination with each other as you prepare for your exam.
There’s a wealth of information to take you from deciding if CompTIA CASP+ is right for you, all the way to taking your exam. We’re with you every step of the way!