What Is on the CompTIA Network+ Exam?
CompTIA Network+ helps develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks. Successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support the creation of virtualized networks
CompTIA Network+ (N10-007) has been updated and reorganized to address the current networking technologies. The current version has expanded coverage of several domains by adding the following:
- Critical security concepts to helping networking professionals work with security practitioners
- Key cloud computing best practices, including virtual switches, hypervisors and virtual NICs, as well as typical service models
- Coverage of newer hardware and virtualization techniques, including “white box switching” and Network Feature Virtualization (NFV)
- Concepts, such as network virtualization, disaster recovery and device hardening to give individuals the combination of skills to keep the network resilient
How Many Questions Are on the CompTIA Network+ Exam?
The CompTIA Network+ exam has no more than 90 questions.
After completing the exam, you will be asked to fill out some optional exit survey information about your study practices and why you decided to get certified. This will consist of about 12 multiple-choice questions.
What Types of Questions Are on the CompTIA Network+ Exam?
The CompTIA Network+ exam includes a combination of multiple-choice questions, drag-and-drop activities and performance-based items. The multiple-choice questions are single- and multiple-response. The performance-based items test your ability to solve problems in a simulated environment.
Remember to manage your time wisely when solving these problems on your exam. Most of them will appear at the beginning of the exam and you won’t be able to see a clock when working on the items.
Click here to learn more about performance-based questions or to try a sample of a performance-based question.
Ready for a Career in Networking?
We’ve made it easy to get started planning your path in networking.
- Begin by reading up on the four important steps toward your certification.
- Then, learn everything you need to know about CompTIA Network+ certification
- And finally, download the exam objectives and practice test questions to start learning right away.
CompTIA now offers a number of exam training options for CompTIA Network+ to fit your particular learning style and schedule, many of which may be used in combination with each other as you prepare for your exam.
There’s a wealth of information to take you from deciding if CompTIA Network+ is right for you, all the way to taking your exam. We’re with you every step of the way!