How Much Can I Make with a CompTIA ITF+ Certification?
IT offers countless paths to fulfilling jobs and rewarding pay. Once you have entered into a career in IT, you determine the direction and, ultimately, how much money you can earn. Although CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) does not directly align with jobs that require a certification, there are still a great deal of benefits for getting certified.
In general, these individuals should consider seeking CompTIA ITF+ certification:
- Students considering a career in IT
- Professionals working in fields that require a broad understanding of IT
- Marketing, sales and operations staff in IT-based organizations
In all scenarios, CompTIA ITF+ can serve as a springboard for various IT careers, ensuring candidates are better prepared to understand and grasp the building blocks of IT at an introductory, foundational level.
Why Would You Benefit from CompTIA ITF+?
In 2017, nearly 5.4 million individuals worked as technology professionals across the United States, representing an increase of 2.1 percent, or nearly 110,000 net new jobs. CompTIA ITF+ will help you determine if this is the field for you.
Additionally, 12 years ago, technology spending outside of IT was 20 percent of total technology spending; it will become almost 90 percent by the end of the decade, according to Gartner, Inc. The fact is that all workers need fundamental IT skills to use these technologies.
Landing That First Job
Currently, there are more than 5 million IT workers in the United States, and that number is expected to grow by 15 percent in the next 10 years (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). Tech wages on average are 107 percent higher than the average national wage.
IT jobs are not going away, but are evolving, and various types of emerging technologies, like artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain, cybersecurity, robotics and, of course, the internet of things (IoT), will always keep a career in technology exciting.
The CompTIA ITF+ exam is a good fit for individuals interested in pursuing professional-level certifications, such as CompTIA A+, which can lead to a role in technical support and IT operations. There are a few more key things that can give you the best shot at landing that first job:
- Networking: Connecting with IT professionals and building your professional network is incredibly important to starting and advancing your career. Be active on social networks such as LinkedIn, engage in newsgroups and forums, and get involved in local IT groups, such as CompTIA AITP. CompTIA AITP not only offers training and job tools, but also access to local chapters that enable you to be in touch with what’s going on in your community.
- Be Up to Date: Make sure that you’re proficient in new technologies. Spend time on IT websites, subscribe to newsletters or even contribute to blogs.
- Soft Skills: Your communication skills can greatly influence your ability to land a job and succeed in IT. And having an overall positive attitude, managing your time effectively, solving problems, showing self-confidence, coping with pressure and having a strong work ethic all prove that you’re a candidate worth investing in.
Ready for a Career in IT?
CompTIA now offers a number of exam training options for CompTIA ITF+ to fit your particular learning style and schedule, many of which may be used in combination with each other as you prepare for your exam.
There’s a wealth of information to take you from deciding if CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ is right for you, all the way to taking your exam. We’re with you every step of the way!